Your custom home should be your pride and joy. Without a doubt, it is one of the biggest and most important investments you will ever make in your life, along with your car and how to provide for your family. All that said, there is bound to be room for improvement at some point. So when it comes to custom home improvements, what should you focus on the most? We’re pleased to inform you that we have some good answers! Just read on to find out more!
- Start with Curb Appeal: Making the best first impression is going to be more advantageous than you realize. Resale value is immensely important, but your custom home is probably going to be your forever home – so at least in the short term, the curb appeal should be maximized. Impress your neighborhood (and yourself, wow!) with stone veneers, which despite the name is actually faux stone.
- Consider Upgrades to the Garage: The garage door should also be visually appealing. To that end, upgrades are examples of valuable custom home improvements. Injecting some personality into the look of your home starts with the exterior and can set your house apart from all of the others on the block!
- Try a Small Kitchen Renovation: Kitchens are one of the most important parts of any home – and custom homes are no exception. Start by painting the walls along with the molding, trim, and ceiling. Resurfacing the cabinets is another great way to go, and getting new hardware can also help you save some money.
- Fix Up the Siding: As we said before, the exterior is going to be a vital part of taking your new home’s aesthetic to the next level. That’s why siding, roofs, and window shutters should be one of the focal points of the process when your home is under construction. Likewise, at some point, you’ll need to fix them up. Fiber-cement can take the place of worn-out vinyl if you are so inclined. Plus, new colors and styles can rejuvenate the outer shell of your home if it has seen a few rough winters already.
- Investigate Window Replacements: Finally, don’t hesitate to investigate the costs and benefits of replacement windows. Energy efficiency is one of the top concerns of most modern homeowners – whether or not they moved into an existing structure or had one raised for them from the ground up. Noise reduction and light protection are also significant factors in determining the types of windows you should have, so don’t overlook them.
Contact Accessible Home Builders Today
Here at Accessible Home Builders, we’re proud to say we’ve been building and remodeling homes since 1994. In that time, we’ve serviced the areas of Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, Selbyville, Seaford, Millsboro, Georgetown, Laurel, and more communities within Delaware. We work to guarantee a high level of professionalism, dedication, and the use of quality materials to ensure our customers have the home they deserve.
To get in touch with us, give us a call at our office at 302-663-0464, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in person at 28412 DuPont Blvd, #103 Millsboro, DE 19966. Alternatively, give our satellite office a call at 302-628-9571, which is located at 500 W. Stein Hwy. Seaford, DE 19973. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube to stay updated on what we’re up to next!
We are proud to be recognized as “Southern Delaware’s Best Home Remodeling” Company for 2020 by Metropolitan Magazine. We work hard every day to provide quality workmanship and service to create that new space or the new look you want in your home. Call us today to discuss your next project.